Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The first post!

A blog (a blend of the term web log)[1] is a type of website or part of a website. Blogs are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. Blog can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.

-stolen from wikipedia


My wife has grown tired of my constant ranting and raving about issues that seem to her to have no relevance in her daily life. So here I am this is probably a very cliche' use of a blog, but I'm looking forward to seeing if in fact there is a community that I can relate to concerning themselves with the search for truth in the deluge of ignorance we call America. I'm going to school to be a diesel mechanic, I believe a tangible skill in today's ruthless economy is a safety option that can not be overlooked. I have made the conscious choice to remain a worker, getting a college degree I'm sure is an incredible experience but with the looming specter of an economic downfall I have chosen to hedge my bets. This does not mean I have to sacrifice my capability to learn, I'm pursuing a self taught education in intermediate algebra and then I will move on to calculus, as Ian Mckay from MINOR THREAT would put it I'm "flexing my head". Today I signed up for a library card from Oklahoma State Universities library and was completely sobered by how many books there were, SO MUCH I DON'T KNOW!  I'm trying to put together an argument proposing a  Christians requirement by Christ's teachings is to be a proponent of economic justice, and be opposed to capitalism. Debate me please! I need to work this out! Anyway I'm looking forward to what I'm going to learn from you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment